How to keep your hair moisturized？
"My hair is dry!"
Sometimes we may hear our friends complain, and sometimes we have this problem ourselves.So what causes our hair to dry out, even get tangled and shed during use?
1. Your hair products might be doing more harm than good. The truth is, many hair products on the market contain chemicals that make your hair dry. These products might seem to help your hair in the short term, but with extended use they can damage and dry out your hair. Luckily, distinguishing the good from the bad is easy: just check the ingredients!
2. Your hair might be dry if you shampoo too often (or if your shampoo contains harmful and drying ingredients.) We recommend using shampoo no more than twice a week, and as infrequently as once a month. If your hair is consistently dry, lengthen the amount of time between washes. Use a gentle, sulfate free shampoo.
3.Protect your hair from the environment if you're going out in extreme weather. Watch out for wind and cold in the winter, and chlorine and sun in the summer. Use a hat, scarf, or swim cap to keep your hairstyle.
4.We all know that dryness can cause breakage, but did you know that breakage can also increase dryness? It’s a vicious cycle. Avoid breakage by detangling gently with a wide tooth comb. A lot of times it's not the hair shed, it's just the hard brushing that breaks it.
If you're following all the moisture commandments but your hair extension is still dry, it could just be tired from over-manipulation. Exposure to the elements and excessive styling can both dry out your hair. Let your hair rest with low manipulation or protective styles before returning to high manipulation styles.
Now that we know why, how do we care?
How to keep your hair moisturized. We offered these seven tips:
- Use a true moisturizer that has water as 1st or 2nd ingredient.
- Seal in moisture with an oil like Shea butter, castor oil, or avocado oil.
- Trim regularly.
- Avoid heat.
- Keep your hands out of your hair.
- Sleep with a satin bonnet or pillow.
- Deep condition regularly.
Leave a comment